The 4 biggest fees at most venues are:
- ceremony fee – flat fee. Some venues add service charge + tax on top of the flat fee.
- dinner services fee – charged per person. What do you get for this?
- lunch services fee – charged per person. What do you get for this?
- beverages – Most South Asians pay by consumption. Each venue charges varying rates for each type of beverage.
Note: dinner and lunch are services fees, NOT the actual food! Why do venues charge per person fees?
Note: The sum of lunch + dinner services + beverages have to meet or exceed the food and beverage minimum.
Service charge and tax: you might see a venue price of $50++. Those two + signs refer to service charge + tax. Don’t ignore them. They add significantly to the final total. FYI, the pricing on ShaadiShop INCLUDES service charge and tax and is general pricing, not the special rates and services that ShaadiShop customers get.
- parking – most venues offer discounted parking for events
- welcome bag distribution
- hospitality room
- kids room
For help with your venue, contact us. Our service is free and our clients enjoy significant discounts.