We chatted with mehndi expert, Neha Assar from Neha Assar Artistry to get the skinny on just how long mehndi takes. Of course, everyone is different, but is a good guide so brides know what to expect!
- heavy coverage front and back of hands: 45 mins
- heavy coverage front and back up to elbows: 4 hours
- heavy coverage front and back to the biceps: 6 hours
- heavy coverage, both feet up to ankles: 1 hour
- heavy coverage, feet & legs, up to calves: 2 hours
- heavy coverage, feet and legs, to the knees: 3 hours plus
Setting up for Mehndi:
- Make sure you like the mehndi artist. You’re going to be spending several hours together!
- Have at least one friend or family member there who can be your hands for a few hours – feed you!
- Set up a comfortable place to do mehndi, cuz you’re going to be sitting there for a while!
- Ensure there’s plenty of light.
- Make a music playlist using ShaadiShop’s mehndi song selection.
For more on mehndi, follow our mehndi Pinterest board.