We caught up with mehndi expert, Neha Assar from Neha Assar Artistry to get the skinny on just how long does bridal mehndi take? It varies, but this still a useful guide to help you plan!
How long bridal mehndi take depends on:
- how many limbs
- how much coverage
- intricacy of the designs
In this article we specifically break down the time to allot based on several scenarios.
- heavy coverage front and back of hands: 45 mins
- heavy coverage front and back up to elbows: 4 hours
- heavy coverage front and back to the biceps: 6 hours
- heavy coverage, both feet up to ankles: 1 hour
- heavy coverage, feet & legs, up to calves: 2 hours
- heavy coverage, feet and legs, to the knees: 3 hours plus
How to Setup For Your Mehndi
- Make sure you like the mehndi artist. You’re going to be spending several hours together!
- Have at least one friend or family member there who can be your hands for a few hours – feed you!
- Set up a comfortable place to do mehndi, cuz you’re going to be sitting there for a while!
- Ensure there’s plenty of light.
- Make a music playlist using ShaadiShop’s mehndi song selection.
This article answers the question how long does bridal mehndi take? We detailed how much time to allot based on number of limbs, coverage, and design intricacy.
How ShaadiShop Works
Search for venues by location and further filter by geography, price, capacity.
Detailed venue profiles have the Indian and South Asian-specific info you need.
Fill out the form for each venue that you’re interested in and the venues will reach out to you.
The Largest Indian Wedding Venue Marketplace
For more on mehndi, follow our mehndi Pinterest board.