For people who have never attended nor seen anything about a South Asian wedding, they might feel confused, overwhelmed and excited all at the same time.
Put your friends at ease by sending a “What to Expect” email before the festivities start. When should you send the email? A few weeks before the wedding.
What should it say? Provide any details that they might not be accustomed to:
- things might start late
- the ceremony is long
- it’s normal for snacks to be served during the ceremony
- it’s normal for guests to get up and ‘take a break’ during the ceremony
- don’t wear __________ colors
- clothing guidelines
- if there will be aunties helping with saris
- share the types of cuisine that will be served
- if you’re hosting parking
- suggested activities for the gap between lunch and cocktail hour
- most people will change into a different outfit for the reception; and indicate if you’ve arranged changing rooms
- explain ‘no boxed gifts’
- include a link to a wedding highlights video – there are a ton on YouTube and Vimeo. Search for: “Robles Video Productions Indian wedding” or “Avec Lumiere Indian wedding”.
Brought to you by
The best venue pricing & packages
Contact Us to book your venue!