Planning a wedding in SoCal?
(Do NOT skip the last one!)
1. Venues book 1 year out. Anymore than that and they might tell you they can’t put your wedding on their calendar yet.
2. Holiday weekends are NOT less $$$. South Asians take advantage of every 3-day weekend and venues have caught on.
3. Not all venues have a rain contingency in place. You might have to pay more to have a back-up plan.
4. Having an outdoor wedding in July or August? Make sure the venue sets up an appropriate number of water stations. Have the decorator build a canopy that will withstand a slight breeze.
5. Build in at least 20 minutes for guests to get water after the baraat, before sitting down for the ceremony (especially during summer).
6. Even though there are a lot of companies in SoCal, wedding vendors book up fast! Especially for holiday weekends and summer. Plan ahead!
7. During summer and December holidays expect more traffic…all the time.
8. SoCal is spread out! When people say they’re “attending a wedding in LA” they could mean anywhere from Riverside to Orange County to Hollywood. and it can take 2+ hours to get anywhere in LA depending on traffic.
9. We have 6 major airports and excellent public transportation at 0 of them. Uber’s your best friend here.
San Diego = SAN
Orange County = SNA
Long Beach = LGB
Los Angeles International = LAX
Burbank = BUR
Ontario = ONT
10. You do not have to be a California resident to get married here, but you do have to apply for a marriage license in California. You must get married within 90 days of the license issuance date.
Doing your wedding planning homework pays off!