I was recently asked by a couple that just got engaged, “what are THE most important things to keep in mind for a South Asian wedding.”
I shared what we believe at ShaadiShop:
- Customize and personalize the day to ensure the enjoyment of the couple and their families. It’s their most special, life-changing day. And, the couple and their families worked hard to plan – they should enjoy it.
You can be as low key or extravagant with customization as you wish! See photos below of a 9-foot wedding cake as well as a custom-made circular dance floor!
2. Always keep your guests’ comfort and enjoyment in mind. If your guests are having a good time it transforms the energy throughout the celebrations. Guests remember their experience.
- Was it easy to get to the venue?
- Was the food good and served in a timely manner? (super important for desis!)
- Were the ceremony chairs comfortable?
Was there sufficient sun shade during the ceremony? (outdoor weddings)
- Did the speeches have a lot of inside jokes? Entertaining?
Were there too many dance performances?
- Was there time for guests to dance? Was the music good?
These are most of the important aspects that will determine whether your guests have a good time. The better job you do at these, the most fun everyone will have!
Cover image: Global Photography